In order to register a .EG domain the following 2 requirements must be met:
- The company can be incorporated in any country, and
- The owner must have a trademark registered in Egypt, or under the Madrid Protocol, that matches the domain and company name. You can register your trademark under the “Madrid Protocol” here.
In order to register a .COM.EG domain the following 2 requirements must be met:
- The owner must be a company that exactly matches the name of your domain. The company can be incorporated in any country, and
- The owner must have a trademark that matches the domain and company name (the trademark can be registered in any country). If you don't have a trademark, we can file a quick trademark application for you for an additional cost of US$ 85. This process takes less than 2 weeks.
- Domains must use DNS located in Egypt, which cannot be reassigned. If you do not have DNS in Egypt, Marcaria will provide them without additional cost. You can use DNS records to point your domain to servers located anywhere in the world.