In order to register a .IE domain, the domain owner must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- The owner must be a irish company or a natural person with residence in Ireland; or
- The owner must be a foreign company or natural person or natural person who can prove his or her relationship with Ireland(*).
If the owner us a foreign company, he can be prove his relationship with Ireland by the following ways:
- Providing evidence to show that he trading with or providing a service to Irish customers (an invoice from an Irish company, marketing material aimed at the Irish market, or a solicitor or accountant’s letter confirming your current or future trade with Ireland).
- Providing evidence to show that he will be relocating to Ireland in the near future.
- Holding a Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland or EU Community registered trademark.